ISRAEL METROPOLITAN CME CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP
“Enhancing educational opportunities by providing financial assistance to our college bound seniors; through yearly scholarships.”
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS SUNDAY - MAY 9, 2021 (IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE WORSHIP SERVICE.
Sis. Andrea Allen; Sis. Charlene Buckner; Sis. Tameka Farley;
Bro. Reginald Ruffin; Bro. Laurel Simon; and Sis. Alfreda Edwards,
PURPOSE & VISION
The primary purpose of the Israel Church scholarship is to provide assistance to students who can benefit from further education but who cannot afford to do so without such assistance. Students receiving Israel Church scholarships aid are expected to uphold the ideals of the church as a condition of their awards.
GIVING BACK IS THE GREATEST GIFT
"Giving Back" is an old tradition among African Americans who frequently express their giving and serving through charity and helping others in need. Many give through the church by establishing scholarship funds. In the past, we have given to Spelman and Morehouse because our ancestors, former slaves went to those colleges. There are many other examples and we have to reconnect with our philanthropic tradition of giving, today not tomorrow, right now!
Every gift regardless of size makes a difference and will allow a deserving African American or minority student to continue to pursue educational opportunities and achieve their life's dream. Our Israel Church scholarship efforts depend on your support and the support of numerous other donors like you to become partners in advancing the mission of our Israel Church scholarship fund.
Black and minority students today must prepare themselves for a future to fill increasing demanding skilled and complex jobs not even currently imaginable.
THE FUTURE IS NOW
The future of our students starts today, and the Israel Metropolitan CME Church Scholarship Committee asks for your support to supplement students’ scholarship financial needs.
Imagine a black student who had everything they needed to share their vision and make a difference in the community and the world; talent, skill, dedication, desire. Everything, that is, except money.
"We make a living by what we make.
We make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill
Scholarship Award Criteria:
1. Applicant must have been an active participant in the fellowship of Israel Metropolitan C.M.E. Church for at least one year (i.e., Worship Service, Youth Choir, Youth Usher Board, Youth Dance Ministry, Sunday School, Youth Bible Study, etc.).
2. Applicant must be graduating from high school and must have an official documentation of acceptance by an institution of higher learning at the same time of application. Submit acceptance letter with application.
3. Applicant must be involved in community and/or extracurricular activities during the last year of high school.
4. Applicant must have a minimum Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of 2.0 and a copy of official high school transcript.
5. Applicant must submit two signed letters of recommendations, (i.e., church leader, school teacher/administrator or employer). Recommendation letters must be on official letterhead.
6. Applicant must type and submit a 500 word essay titled “How I Will Benefit From Earning a College Degree”. Essay must be double-spaced and typed in 12 pt. Arial or Times New Roman font. (Please attach to application).
7. Applicant must submit completed application with all required materials by the second Sunday in May, 2020 to an Israel Metropolitan C.M.E. Church Scholarship Committee member by the conclusion of the 10:00 a.m. Worship Service (no exceptions).